Opening of the Parliament 2016

Tuesday, October 4th

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the annual opening of the Danish Parliament along with Queen Margrethe, Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Princess Benedikte. 


Every year the first Tuesday in October the royal family are invited to attend the opening of the Danish Parliament. A tradition that go way back in time.

One by one members of the royal family arrived to Christiansborg castle, where they we welcomed with greetings and flowers for the women. First Princess Benedikte arrived followed by Prince Joachim and Princess Mary. Then Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary arrived shortly before Queen Margrethe who arrived last. All of them seemed to me like they were in a splendid mood. Especially Queen Margrethe.

Along with the other invited guests, the royal family found their seats on the balcony. Some years ago I visited Christiansborg Palace, actually I've been there more than once, and it is really a special feeling standing right behind the chairs where the family sits on that balcony in Chamber. Although it's really just six chairs, the feeling was overwhelming. I was on a guided tour around Christiansborg and I believe I was the only one paying attention to those six chairs.


These annual events are always great because it gives us the opportunity to compare outfits, something I find really amusing. Not that I'm going to compare and comment on each and every one of her previous outfits, but still I want to give you the opportunity to look at them anyway. Therefore have I collected all of them right here: 2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015. So many lovely outfits, but my personal favourite has to be her look from 2014. That white Chloé coat and purple pillbox hat is simply gorgeous. Do you have any favourites?

I will not say I was surprise about her outfit this year. More satisfied. Autumn is finally here. Yes, it is the time a year I love the most, therefor finally. This also means we get to see some darker colours and patterns, which shows clearly when you look at Mary's outfit from Tuesday - navy blue and burgundy. Really doesn't get any better, right? She was dressed in a magnificent new white peplum jacket from Ralph Lauren paired with a navy blue dress and matching accessories in the same amazing colour. I had the idea that she could be wearing an old Issa dress, here, but I don't know for sure.

It is a reused Susanne Juul hat on her head now featuring some kind of feather accessory. She had also styled the look with Hartmann's earrings, a belt, pair of gloves and a Quidam clutch. All perfectly matching the rest of her outfit, such as the aquamarine blue brooch inherited from her mother-in-law. Left we have the navy blue pumps on her feet that are from Gianvito Rossi.

Hat: Susanne Juul Hand-made Felt Hat #20 & #20-2
Jacket: Ralph Lauren Wool Evening Jacket
Earrings: Hartmann's
Brooch: Queen Ingrid's brooch
Clutch: Quidam Blue Alligator Clutch
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Closed Toe Pump - Navy Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment