Day 4. Olympics in Rio de Janeiro

Thursday, August 4th

As member of the International Olympics Committee Crown Prince Frederik is present at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. He is accompanied by Crown Princess Mary, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie. 

Crown Princess Mary met participants from the Danish riding team

Although sports isn't in my biggest interest, it makes me so proud to know that a small country like Denmark is represented at the Olympics in Brazil. We have teams participating in everything from handball to cycling races and dressage. Yesterday, the Crown Princess met with participants from the Danish swimming team during a trainings session. I have had the opportunity to see the Crown Princess once, when she and the Crown Prince visited the city where I live back in 2007/2008 and it was such an great experience though I never got the chance to greet her. It was a very unrealistic feeling, so I truly understand if it was a huge honor for the participants to meet her and the Crown Prince. They are described as down on earth and sincere.

Before the grand opening ceremony it was time for the Crown Princess to pay the Danish riding team a visit. And from what I see, I think it was one of the best visits for the Crown Princess who, more than once, has told that she loves spending time with her horse, herehere. Something she enjoyed doing along with her children during their vacation at Gråsten castle about half a month ago.


This has to be one of my absolute favourite moments for a very long time. With a messy knot located all random on top of her head and a pair of washed denim short, Mary made me fell in love with her all over again. Down on earth, relaxed and casual dressed. These moments I love more than anything else. The only thing that reminded me where she was, is the special designed Vero Moda jacket featuring the iconic Olympic flame above "Rio 2016" font. She wore a new blue and white striped blouse from Vero Moda as well. She styled the blouse and jacket with a pair of denim shorts. I think she could be wearing sneakers. Sneakers would be a great match to that sporty outfit worn on the 4th day in Brazil.

Again, Mary embraced the style by wearing a golden Orit Elhanati necklace and her Cartier bracelet. And the pink diamond earrings from Hartmann's not to forget which, by the way, could be the same she wore yesterday when visiting the Danish swimming team. Simple and elegant, yet casual. Not much more to say only that I think this outfit would do perfectly for a day off - going for a long walk, taking the kids to the playground or meeting friends for a lunch. 

Jacket: Vero Moda
Blouse: Vero Moda
Earrings: Hartmann's
Necklace: Orit Elhanati The Abyss Necklace
Bracelet: Cartier Love Bracelet


Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary attending dinner


After a long break, the Crown Prince couple were ready to attend the IOC President's dinner that took place at Windsor convention centre in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Both the Crown Prince and Crown Princess arrived to the Windsor convention centre in an excellent mood. They were one big smile at the arrival. They we warmly welcomed by the International Olympic Committee's President, Thomas Back and his lovely wife Claudia Bach. They welcomed the Danish royal couple on the red carpet.

It all began at 7:00 pm. local time. Because of the time different pictures weren't published till next day. Of all the articles I've been able to find, I believe it was a spectacular evening with more than two royal guests attending. Also Prince Albert II of Monaco, Kind Wilhelm-Alexander of the Netherlands shook hands with the IOC President and wife when welcomed. Guests with all nationalities attended the dinner - and not all of royal blod. 



Unbelievably how much a dress and a pair of pumps can do. I still love everything about Mary's look from earlier the same day and it didn't change when I saw her wearing one of her old goodies from Hugo Boss. Despite the dress isn't new (quite old actually) I can't get enough of it. True, I would never have picked the dress myself but that is what I adore about Mary because she makes even the wiriest dress look gorgeous. Right? With it's almost cosmically pattern and turtleneck Mary rocked a dazzling evening outfit. Think it is the third or fourth time she reuses the dress. Maybe you can help me find out when? - I remember sometime on a visit to the United States, at some point when she attended the presentation of a portrait made of newspapers and at a dinner along with her husband taking place in Copenhagen a couple of years ago.

As previously she accessorized it with a pair of diamond earrings featuring a coral pendant custom-made by Dulong Fine Jewelry. Both Gianvito Rossi pumps, the Bottega Veneta clutch and golden Cartier bracelet have been seen during her days in Rio de Janeiro. Great way to show off how to wear accessories over and over again. Adore it. If you find her dress available somewhere I would really like to hear from you (pre-owned or new), so I'd be able to share the link with everybody else. Thanks. What else do I see? - a few other bracelets and a black lace shawl.

Dress: Hugo Boss
Earrings: Dulong Fine Jewelry Lotus
Bracelet: Cartier Love Bracelet
Clutch: Bottega Veneta Knot Clutch, Pink
Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Pink Patents Leather Pumps

No comments:

Post a Comment