The Designers' Nest & Designers Nest Award 2015

Friday, August 7th

Crown Princess Mary attended the Designers' Nest show and handed over the prestigious Designers' Nest Award

Frederiketmary.centerblog.net 1

For a second my heart stopped when I saw the first photos from the Designers' Nest Award. I had a hard time breathing because the Crown Princess looked simply stunning. Every single component perfectly matched -classic with a twist of something modern. To me she was on the top of the game! At the arrival the Crown Princess was welcomed with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Later, after the show, Crown Princess Mary graced the runway herself to hand over a huge bouquet to the winner Swedish Sara Lundberg from the Swedish School of Textiles. When she was photographed with Sara, she was one big smile just as the winner. The two women had a little chat. I am sure Mary congratulated Sara Lundberg with the award.


We can't overlook that she was wearing that gorgeous new long vest. They are so trendy right now. I think we will see many of them during fall. I considered to buying one myself. Now I might actually do it. Mary convinced me with hers which has been identified as a Fonnesbech (SS15) creation. This is the first time we see her in their design. I really cannot describe why I like this new vest so much, but Mary with her brown hair wear it so beautifully. Notice the orange belt and lining. What a stunning detail. Maybe you think you have seen both the vest and the combination Mary wore at the Designers' Nest; you are actually on to something. One of my most dedicated readers told me a very interesting thing. Back in 2014 Mary was on an official visit in Canada with Frederik. Here she attended a fashion arrangement on September 18th accompanied by a woman with the name Eva Kruse. She is the CEO of the fashion industry network organization Danish Fashion Institute and the Copenhagen Fashion Week. Eva Kruse wore, on September 18th, the exact same vest as Mary in the combination with white trousers and blouse. You see a picture of Eva in her Fonnesbech vest on the picture right below. Because of the plain white clothes underneath the vest, both Mary and Eva both looked way taller. It's a great contrast. Take a quick look at Mary's trousers; love that she isn't not just wearing normal straight trousers. These JOSEPH trousers gives the outfit something special.


Carefully, I've studied every picture I have to see if Mary wore any kind of bag or clutch. I realized, she wasn't. This is the second time in a very short time. She accessorized her outfit with two golden necklaces -one from Orit Elhanati and one from Marianne Dulong. Mary has worn these two a lot lately. A great match. If you just need to have one yourself and can't afford a real Marianne Dulong, then I have this, here, to show you. Sent to me be a reader who love it as much as I do. It's a great match. Her earrings are from Marlene Juhl-Jørgensen. Again a bracelet or two from Anni Lu and Charlotte Wæhrens on the right hand and a brand new golden cuff featuring a huge diamond shaped stone. I was asked if it was a watch or a bracelet -differently a bracelet. My best reader Pernille has now found the right one. It's a vintage bracelet in 14k gold with a large citrine stone from the Danish jewellery designer Børge Niels Knudsen. The gold and silver diamond rings are both from Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen. She stunned also wearing studded Valentino shoes.

Vest: Fonnesbech Vest
Trousers: JOSEPH Philippa Pleated Silk-Cady Tapered Pants
Earrings: Marlene Juhl-Jørgensen Bille Earrings Guld
Necklace: Orit Elhanati The Abyss Necklace
Necklace: Marianne Dulong Atlantic Necklace
Bracelets: Anni Lu Mess Army Bracelet + Fun Bracelet Army
Bracelet: Charlotte Wæhrens Rainbow Bracelet w. Saphires
Bracelec w. Stone: Børge Niels Knudsen Vintage Cuff in 14K Gold
Ring: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Love Bands Ring
Ring: Ole Lynggaard Copenhagen Leves Ring in 18K Yellow Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment